Short report ISDDE08
Conclusions and musings for own research
- Balance guided en open environment, in fact don't put your money on one horse (e.g. formative or summative assessment) but combine both, as there is a place and time (situational) for almost every approach
- A systematic approach on eliciting desired feedback for computer assisted learning
- A formative scenario aims to aid transfer from the tool towards conventional assessment methods, like paper-and-pencil. Positive feedback can have added value. The artefact becomes a tool through instrumental genesis.
- I want to make a scenario where the teacher role doesn't have a very big impact on success. (variable social environment not an influential factor)
o Purpose – nationa, state, classroom, formative
o Types – familiar (mc), authentic
o Media – paper&pencil, smartboard, computer software, pda
o Actors – government, schools, parents, teachers, students
- "More and more assessment will be designed and used on the computer"
(Conclusion Assessment Topic Goup at ISDDE08)
- Stokes – Paseteurs Qudrant
Leendert van Gastel & Henk vd Kooij > NKBW2
- JF-Nicaud. Showed aplusix. I have no extra information or opinions on the list of criteria.
- Hoadley wasn't there.
- Paul Black already reacted and says he doesn't believe in the use of ICT for formative assessment.
- Michal Yerushalmy was mostly interested in her mobile phone approach. (and discussion on the definition of a tool)
- Tom Goris > Poznan, Poland
What weights to use for the list of criteria;
- DITwis in the applet (eliciting feedback)
- Activemath article
- With feedback: ? for hint, ?? second hint (costing points)
- Dutch > English manual DME/DWO
- Make a flash like version of the scenario for easy navigation (?)
- Explain every item of the list of criteria
- Variable scheme (Swanborne): what variables influence the learning outcome
o Teacher beliefs
o Student beliefs
Follow-up on (DONE on 030708)
- Dynamic Modelling Analysis (Groningen)
- Work of Katja Maass
- Programme ESERA
- Glenda Lappan & Elizabeth Phillips
- Australian Math.Ed (Will Morony)
Wishes for Peter
- For research purposes: storing the whole process of a student;
Reporting on expert review > article IJCML
- What items? > add a couple (20, randomized)
- August 4 students
- Try to involve Malka's work